Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Break on Through

Grace had her first cold last week. Sad little sniffles and a cough, along with a low fever. She needed cuddles and nursing and I was happy to oblige. We camped out next to our new penguin shaped vaporizer. Which we all tried to pretend didn't look like it was exhaling the good shit. I didn't leave her for four days, at which point the walls were closing in. I left Grace with her Daddy and headed to Bath & Body Works and Trader Joes. I felt like a new woman when I got home.

On Monday, Grace was nibbling on my finger when I felt a small sharp poke. The thing I have been fearing is on it's way, a tooth! I don't know if it's the cause of the sleepless nights the last month or last weeks seeming cold. I guess only time will tell.

I finally made it to water aerobics yesterday, after one failed attempt and one sick munchkin. I had my own break through while there. I was so busy trying to learn the moves and stay afloat that I didn't worry about Grace for the entire hour. She was at home with my Dad, whom she adores and I knew she was fine. It was strange and freeing. I have been all consumed with her since I saw those two magical lines. It's been amazing and exhausting. The experience reminded me I need to move my body and free my mind more often.

Maybe the penguin can hook me up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment